Friday, August 3, 2012

Fabushoe Friday: Driving Shoes

My new Ryka driving shoes!
Happy Fabushoe Friday!

So, while these are more practical than fabulous, I got tired of killing my car mats with heels so I bought some driving shoes!

Believe it or not, it was actually a car mechanic's idea for me to buy the shoes! I had re-ordered new mats several times at Lexus RiverCenter. On the third time, he pointed at my 6-inch heels and asked, "You wear those often?" Of course, I said yes, to which he replied: "You know, it might be a good idea to look into some driving shoes." He paused... adding, "You could buy a lot of those," pointing to my heels, "instead of these," pointing to my shredded mat.

Now you're speakin' my language - point taken!

Not only are they more comfortable than heels, but they truly are a great investment! I was buying new all-weather mats for $100 about twice a year because my heels kept digging a hole in them. I was also ruining my heels, because the back of the right shoe would get scuffed or the material would rub off. Translation... thanks to my drivers, I'll have several hundred more in my annual shoe budget now!!! :)

I did some research on which ones to buy, and to be honest, I was disappointed in the selection. A lot of the women's drivers look like moccasins. I like the men's driving shoe selection a lot more because they have a sportier look.

I ended up going with a shoe that's technically made for yoga. The only thing that really makes a shoe a "driver" is the extra rubberized lip at the back of the shoe, which this pair had. I also liked that they had a cute scroll design on top and could pass for a ballerina flat if I decided I was done with heels for the rest of my work day.

Typically, I just keep them in my car door pocket - putting them on when I get in, and putting them back in the pocket when I get out. Or if I need to wear them walking downtown between meetings or something, I have a dust bag for them in my purse.

Being a heel girl, I was hesitant purchasing frumpy flats, but I'm so glad I did! I highly recommend getting a pair if you, too, love your heels but don't want to Fred Flinstone your car mats!

No comments:

Post a Comment